Job Club and Recruitment Events
Job Club Meetings
Job clubs meet regularly to talk about job searching with the goal of helping and supporting each other. Basic tools are provided to get you started or jump-start your job search and keep you motivated. In addition to the scheduled job club meetings, local, regional and statewide special events are held. As a group member, you will share contacts, job-hunting tips, career experiences, and job leads; strategize and tackle challenges; get (and give!) feedback and encouragement; and celebrate strengths and successes. Because of the support system provided by Job Club, you’ll experience greater results and reduced job search time and overcome mental roadblocks and build self-confidence.
In addition, Job Club focuses on these job search and transitioning skills:
- Effectively marketing and selling “YOU, Inc.” by creating market-focused resume and cover letters
- Articulating skills, accomplishments and value
- Setting realistic goals and expectations (yours and employers)
- Effectively using job search methods (targets, networking, agencies, job postings)
- Preparing and practicing for interviews
- Learning negotiation skills and getting the best offer
- Managing job transitions, financial management, stress management, etc.
If you plan on attending for the first time, please email Chris Hutchinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings are held at the area NH Works offices.
Expand your Connections! Join the NH Job Club LinkedIn Group at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8319944
Job Fairs & Recruitment Events
- NH Employment Security lists job fairs and recruitment activities around the state. See their website for listings of NH Employment Security and privately sponsored fairs and recruitment events, as well as aids to job seekers for a more successful experience at these opportunities.