Equal Opportunity is the Law
BEA is committed to providing equal opportunity and equal access to all individuals in programs and activities funded by Title I of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) (29 USC 3248) and its implementing Regulations (Final Rule, 29 CFR Part 38).
The Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination (EO) materials in this section establish direction and guidelines for best practices per WIOA Section 188 and its implementing Regulations. Section 188 contains the nondiscrimination and equal opportunity provisions of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) (29 USC 3248). Section 188 prohibits discrimination in the United States, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, disability, or political affiliation or belief, or, against any beneficiary of, applicant to, or participant in programs financially assisted under Title I of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, on the basis of the individual’s citizenship status or participation in any WIOA Title I-financially assisted program or activity.
This means that Section 188 prohibits discrimination against individuals in any program or activity that receives financial assistance under Title I of WIOA as well as by the one-stop partners listed in WIOA Section 121(b) that offer programs or activities through the one-stop/American Job Center system.
State Equal Opportunity Officer
Equal Opportunity MOA
- NH Works Methods of Administration (MOA) Non-discrimination Plan
- Appendix 1 – Assurances
- Appendix 2 – EO Officers
- Appendix 3 – Notice and Communication (Part 1 and Part 3)
- Appendix 4 – Data Information and Collection Maintenance
- Appendix 5 – Corrective Actions/Sanctions
- Appendix 6 – Governor’s Oversight Responsibility
- Appendix 7 – Complaint Processing Procedures
- Appendix 8 – Governor’s Monitoring Responsibility
- Appendix 9 – Appendix-9-MOA
- Appendix 10 – Miscellaneous Part 1 / Part 2
Updated Materials for Program Year 2020